Work for Incendiary Blue
We’re always interested in hearing from standout creatives, strategists and project managers who like what they see at Incendiary Blue and feel they can bring something new to the mix. If you’d like to get in touch, please send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-level Front End Developer
Incendiary Blue are on the lookout for a mid-level frontend developer. Working with the UX design team you will be involved in building digital products from initial concept to delivery. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of local and international clients on a multitude of projects and technologies. The role is an office-based role in Cape Town (Claremont).
Day to day tasks at IB
No two days are alike at Incendiary Blue, so this role is ideally for someone seeking a degree of flexibility and diversity within their day.
- Participate in the design, development, and support of technical projects from design through to completion according to project standards.
- Troubleshoot and correct front-end website and application-related issues.
- Participate in code reviews for others' work.
- Provide support for production applications.
- Develop and maintain support documentation.
- Support the Technical Lead in providing estimates for projects and tasks
- An ability to work autonomously and manage workload and deadlines effectively
- Ability to output clean, commented, and team-friendly code from day 1
- Ability to deliver client-ready HTML and CSS layouts from start to finish within 3 months
- Willing and eager to learn
- Good problem solving skills
An ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Good communication (written and verbal)
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Knowledge of HTML5
- Knowledge of CSS3 / SCSS / BEM
- Knowledge of Git Version Control
- Optional knowledge of AWS S3, CloudFront and Gitlab CI/CD Pipelines
At least 5 years experience in frontend development
Formal qualification not required but will be of benefit
What we offer
Incendiary Blue is an exciting young growing company, meaning that you’ll grow with us! Work / life balance is important for everyone and is a piece of the culture that is truly respected, along with the occasional game of Mario Karts as a helpful way to recharge.
Each team member is an expert in their field. If you are the right candidate you will get the opportunity to develop skills across a range of disciplines, in a way that is often difficult to achieve in a larger organisation.